Tuesday, March 5, 2013

That Olde Tyme Music (1920-1940ish - V/A)

That Olde Tyme Music (1920-1940ish)

2013 (bootleg) 




So... I finally replaced a hard drive, and got a new tape deck. Slowly transferring files, will re-up the rest as I find em.

This compilation is a real dog's breakfast of pre-war blues / folk / jazz / field recordings, likely harvested from the late great Locust St. blog. Top-shelf stuff!

Tracklist:
01. Cocaine Habit Blues - Memphis Jug Band
02. I'm Gonna Get High - Tampa Red & The Chicago Five
03. The Haunted House - unknown
04. Shave 'Em Dry I - Lucille Bogan
05. Rosie - C.B. and axe gang
06. It Don't Mean A Thing - Billy Banks
07. I'm Just Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail - The Blue Sky Boys
08. Don't Tear My Clothes - Chicago Black Swans
09. The Nasty Swing - Cliff Carlisle
10. My Bones Gonna Rise Again - Dave and Howard
11. Evil Motherfuyer - Dirty Red
12. I Ain''t Got Nobody - Emmett Miller
13. Blue Yodel No. 9 - Jimmie Rodgers
14. Busy Bootin' - Kokomo Arnold
15. Dangerous Blues - Mattie May Thomas
16. You Keep A-Knockin' - Milton Brown
17. Dan The Banana Man - Nettles Brothers String Band
18. Shave 'Em Dry II - Lucille Bogan
19. She's A Hum Dum Dinger From Dingersville - Sheriff Buddy Jones
20. Two Little Fish And Five Loaves Of Bread - Sister Rosetta Tharpe
21. Polly Put The Kettle On - Sonny Boy Williamson 
22. Crazy People - The Boswell Sisters
23. Walk Around - The Soul Stirrers
24. The Mighty Number - The Trumpeteers
25. No More The Moon Shines On Lorena - Carter Family
26. My Buddy - Alvino & Luise Rey

here

7 comments:

Doug said...

Wow ... welcome back!

CoverHeaven said...

Are you back?????? :)

Ed said...

Thanks, & welcome back!

Anonymous said...

The song "The Haunted House" was recorded by The New Mayfair Dance Orchestra directed by Ray Noble on October 23, 1931 in London. Ray Noble provided the dialog as "Cecil". The vocal trio was The Three Ginx. This song can be found on the 1990 CD "Halloween Stomp: Jazz & Big Band Dance Music for a Haunted House Party!" issued by Jass Records, Inc.

Jim O.
Waterloo, Iowa

Dgrador said...

I guess I'm back. :-)

Dgrador said...

Thanks for the info Jim!

oldrocker99 said...

I hadn't known about the DCs before I heard this superb comp, and now I have a new favorite band!